OPSEC Rules for CamoConnect:
- Do not post exact deployment dates or redeployment dates
- Do not reveal camp locations, including nearby cities. After the deployment is officially announced by Military officials, you may discuss locations that have been released, normally on the Country level.
- Do not discuss convoy routes (“we travelled through Takrit on our way to X”)
- Detailed information on the mission, capabilities or morale of a unit
- Specific names or actual nicknames
- Personnel transactions that occur in large numbers (Example: pay information, powers of attorney, wills, etc)
- Details concerning security procedures, response times, tactics
- Don’t discuss equipment or lack thereof, to include training equipment
- Don’t speculate about future operations
- If posting pictures, don’t post anything that could be misconstrued or used for propaganda purposes. A good rule of thumb is to look at your picture without your caption or explanation and consider if it could be re-captioned to reflect poorly on coalition forces. For example, your image might show your Soldier rescuing a child from a blast site, but could be re-captioned to insinuate that the child being captured or harmed. (it’s happened!)
- Avoid the use of count-up or count-down tickers for the same reason as rule #1
- be very careful if posting pictures of your loved one. Avoid images that show significant landmarks near their base of operations, and black out last names and unit affiliations
- Do not, ever, post information about casualties (coalition or enemy) before the official release of the information.
- Do not pass on rumors (“I heard they’re coming home early”, etc)
CamoConnect is not affiliated with any branch of the military, the Department of Defense, or the US Government. CamoConnect is an independent social network. CamoConnect prohibits the posting of specific dates and locations in which our military men and women are located, as well as dates and locations in which our military men and women return. For the safety of our service members please refrain from the posting of any information that could threaten the safety of our service men and women. No bashing or crude comments of the military, Department of Defense, the United States, or any branch of the US Government. All members must abide by all OPSEC rules and regulations. Failing to abide by these regulations will lead to the member’s removal from the site. CamoConnect monitors this website vigorously but is not responsible for failing to remove any missed content that conflicts with OPSEC. CamoConnect reserves the right of refusal when it comes to accepting any new members, any comments, any groups, any blogs, etc. CamoConnect is a positive atmosphere and will not tolerate any rude or harmful comments. Any comments that fail to maintain this positive atmosphere will be removed. CamoConnect does not allow any self-advertising. Any advertising other than CamoConnects will be removed immediately.
No part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of CamoConnect.